Sunday, August 2, 2026

260802 Don't Know

I don’t know what is going to happen on any given day. I mean we all wake up in the morning and we don’t know what will happen. At my age, I might not wake up at all.

I’ve spoken to the LORD in my prayers and have hinted that since HE took Joyce away, I’m ready to go too. It’s been close to 6 years now. I was the one to go first, because I didn’t think I could live without her.

I mentioned to a good friend of nearly 50 years now about walking with my cane to protect me from dogs that want to attack me for unknown reasons. I also told him about walking home with two young men walking behind me on my way home. I said I could definitely handle one, but two would be dicey.

So, what does he do? He sends me a belated birthday party gift.


This is a pepper spray used by police. I'm not going to ask how he found that out. So now when I go out my door, I'm armed and ready. I haven't felt like this since the navy handed me a night stick and said go out and protect or subdue sailors in trouble.

Good friends are hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment