Monday, August 3, 2026

260803 ???

I checked my mail this morning and found a flood of mail that had gone to my old address and then forwarded by the post office to my new address.
I have called and given my businesses I deal with, my new address twice and today was number three. I think this shows the quality of office workers these days.

One place I called was a credit card company I have dealt with since 1984 when they first began business. With the transition from one whale devouring a smaller whale, I can expect some issues.

I had stopped using a card when my finances were hacked earlier this summer. The credit folks never deleted the card number. I had destroyed it and got a new card.

The new folks had me going from one desk to another. I wanted to tell someone that I kept seeing the number to a card I had destroyed and no longer had use of it. I finally got to a nice young lady and made sure my new card was okay with the new company. I told her I didn’t want to see that card number anymore. She did some magic and said: I see there is $400 dollars sitting in that account. I’ll send you a check for that and then cancel the card number. She said it would take about 10 days. I said okay. I think it had something to do with cell phones I got and sent back.

The strange thing is I had asked two different people to eliminate the card and number on two occasions I was on the phone trying to clear and clean things up. They said they would do that, but obviously they didn’t do their job.


I am happy for once that two people I relied upon failed to do their job. They failed and I got a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment