Tuesday, August 6, 2024

240806 Coffee

I remember my first ever taste of coffee.

I was about 6 years old. My mother was a stay at home mom. She took in ironing for other people. Customers would drop off their washed clothes and mom would iron them. The customer would pick up the finished ironing.

Customers, Dave and Laurie lived two doors down from our house. I would carry their ironing down to their home. When I got there, they would sit me down at their dining table and try to get me to talk about what was happening in our neighborhood. They gave me my first cup of coffee. I didn’t like the taste of plain black coffee, so they added Borden's sweetened coffee creamer. Oh my! That made coffee wonderful. Every visit after that I received a cup of coffee with the sweet creamer in it. I rattled off everything I knew about the neighborhood.

From that first time drinking coffee, I’ve never quit drinking that golden nectar. I’ve always drank too much coffee, but then how much is really too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment