Sunday, August 4, 2024

240804 My Joy in Life

Sunny days.

Sunny days are a joy to me.
Blue skies are a joy to see
Verdant trees with leaves of green
Are the prettiest sight to be seen

A warm day
A cool night
Fills my soul
With sheer delight

How many more days will I see
Before this body shuts down on me
How many days before I’ve passed
I’ll never know when I’ve breathed my last

I pray a shining angel will take me away
To a place called heaven where I’ll stay
Will I see the Lord in all His glory
When I reach the end of my earthly story?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. This post came to me one morning. I wrote it down as I thought of each line. It came to me so swiftly I could hardly imagine how quickly it arrived. Those posts that come in a flash are usually the best of all.
      Bill

      Delete