Thursday, October 12, 2023

231012 New Adventures

Thursday October 12, 2023 I have gone to the fitness center 3 days in a row now. It has been great there! I have discovered muscles I forgot I had. Those muscles are reminding me that they are there and they are aching, however, I am going back again this morning. I feel better than I have for years. There is an indoor walking track that I am using and I enjoy using the workout equipment. Now I’ll be able to keep fit through the winter cold. Today the winds are going to be 17-20 mph with a temp that will not reach 60 degrees. The winds alone make it difficult for me to stay vertical.

Yesterday I went to the senior center, after going to the wrong building a quarter mile away. Once I got to the right place, I was shocked at how packed it was with all the old folks there. I’m 78 years old, but I felt like a youngster there. The food was definitely good, but a heavier fare than what I am used to eating. I felt like a beached whale for hours afterward. The price was very reasonable and that was good. It was set up on what amounted to an honor system. You put the money into a box or I suppose you could walk right past the box and eat for free. As for friendly, not so much. It was like high school; everyone had their little cliques where they were tight with each other. I did meet and sit with two old Harley motorcyclists. They were nice enough, but were more interested in themselves than the new guy. I will probably go back for lunch on occasion and see how or if I can fit in with the old folks. I know that sounds strange for a 78 year old, but that’s how I feel. I’m more interested in talking to younger people that think differently than those at the senior center.

No comments:

Post a Comment