Monday, July 24, 2023

230724 Terrifying Dream

Monday July 24, 2023

My day began at 1201 this morning, when I woke up from a horrible dream. In my dream Joyce and I were young again. I got up one morning and she was gone. I did not know where she went. That day I had to leave town for some job training in Chicago. I arrived there to begin training. That evening I went to a movie across town and on foot. I walked into the theater and saw Joyce. She had a complete makeover and looked gorgeous! She saw me and headed for the exit doors. I followed her and her new friends followed me out the doors. I kept trying to ask Joyce what was wrong and why she left me. Her friends kept harassing me along the way. We were cutting through this huge aquarium when her friends pushed me into a large pool that housed an enormous squid. The squid pounced on me and held me in its tentacles, trying to drag me under the water and drown me. I was wrapped in its huge tentacles and could not exit the pool. My arms and legs were tightly held and that’s when I woke up. I was actually wrapped up tightly in my sheet and blanket. I had to untangle myself to get out of my bed. I turned on a light and wrote the dream down on paper before going back to sleep. I never did find out why she left me.

I looked up the dream on a psychology site and found two meanings. One was an unresolved issue in my life, which after Joyce’s passing away, I am just getting over my loss. The second meaning is that I am going to have a new beginning in my life. I am letting go of the past and taking charge of my new life. Despite the horror of the dream, I suppose the outcome from it is a good thing for me as I enter this new phase in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to new phases! Step forward eagerly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a bright light to anyone who knows you. I still remember when we worked together at Litton. You were always cheerful. Never ever change.

      Delete