Sunday, July 23, 2023

230723 Unusual

Sunday, July 23, 2023

I woke up at 2:58 this morning. I had breakfast and coffee, replied to emails and tried to find some music that appears to have been lost from my files. I had the strangest thing happen this morning after breakfast. I laid down and fell asleep. I woke up after a deep sleep and looked at the clock. It said 8:30. The sky was gray and I thought I had slept all through the day and night was about to fall. I peered out the window and saw a little bit of sunshine through the clouds and then I noticed the shadows were pointed west, indicating that it was 8:30 in the morning, not 8:30 in the evening. This has only happened once before in my life and that was in 1966 on a very memorable day. I’m beginning to think old age is getting to my brain, it’s already taken over my body.

Old age is tougher than being a teenager and nowhere near as much fun and exciting. During my teen years, it was one wonderful thing happening after another. There were huge ups and minor downs. Now it is mostly a flat line. At 16, despite the fact that I had nothing to offer the world, I knew that I would conquer it with relative ease. Now I’m hoping not to get run over by the world. Keeping up with everything in my small life is a full time effort. In the old days, nothing could stop me; now nearly anything can stop me.

I still have a life, not as wild and reckless as it once was. I am blessed with a roof over my head, food and drink are available and most of all I have family and friends to keep me trucking on into whatever the future may bring. The greatest loss in my life occurred 23 months ago when Joyce passed away and I have finally gotten past it for the most part. Could anything be worse than that?

I wish you all love and peace.
Brother Bill

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I try to relax and chill out, but I find it more and more difficult to do. I'll try to slow down and just breathe. Who knows, I may succeed.

      Delete