Thursday, April 27, 2023

230427 Dreams of what might be

I'm not one for knick knacks but I saw this one in a local store and thought it was something special. It has real meaning to me.

Everyone should have a dream or dreams and letting those dreams set sail tells me that I should follow those dreams wherever they should take me.

Of course I'm an old man now and don't have any dreams of accomplishment that I am able to follow, but I can still dream about the things I want to do if I was able to break away. The how to follow my dreams and why of my dreams are holding me back, not to mention the cost of them. If I was young again and had no attachments, like rent and leaving an empty apartment, having the cash to get a dependable enough truck or SUV to get me where I wanted to go,having enough cash to sustain my rent and pay for camping grounds or motels in addition to my rent, insurance, and the dozens of other things that might come up on the road leave me staggering.

Now if I sold everything I have and had the nerve to venture out into the unknown, alone and have nothing to come back to, it might work. Eventually this old man would need to return and figure out how to get reestablished again.

I should have done this when I got out of the navy, that was the time for something of this magnitude, but I was following another dream at the time and I was too anxious to pursue that dream.

We never know how one choice can block another from happening. For today, I'll relax and dream about what might have been and maybe, just maybe come up with the nerve and the way to follow my dreams.

4 comments:

  1. May your sails always be full my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhett, I know I'm full of something, not necessarily my sails if you get my drift.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's what old and young sailors do. I hope you are sailing into a happy lifetime with love and peace in your heart. May your sails always be full on your journey through life.

      Delete