Thursday, March 2, 2023

230302 Start, Finish

In the beginning we are born; in the end we die. We have no control over that.

What counts is what we do in between those times. There are events that happen that are out of our control and there are the things we do have control over. What we do during those times are what makes us who we are. There is no perfect life. Into every life a little rain must fall, at times it may seem more like a deluge of rain.

Happiness does not come from massive wealth. The happiest person I have ever known was my great aunt Irma. She never had much money, but she had love for life and people. She lived through grief and suffering, but one would hardly know that, because she was always showing a happiness that was difficult to imagine.

We all have our ups and downs; I’ve had my share of both. Joyce and I lived through being below the poverty line and worked until we attained a good life. We were never wealthy, but we had each other and we had love for each other. That to me is a good life. We made mistakes, everyone does. The worst thing that ever happened to me was when Joyce passed away. One day she was alive and the next day she was gone. It has not been easy getting past that. Since she passed, I have been living alone for the first time in my life. I have adapted to living this way. It’s not what I wanted, but it’s what I have. I still have a good life, just not as good as it was. That is what I am doing between my start and my finish, whenever that comes.

2 comments:

  1. Bill, I want to thank you for your post. I lost my Pam last August I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry for your loss. It is gut wrenching to lose a woman you have loved over years. I still talk to Joyce every day as I tell her about my day and how much I still love her. Living alone is no walk in the park.

    ReplyDelete