Sunday, October 23, 2022

221023 Music

It's 63 days until Christmas, but I'm listening to Christmas music already.
There’s an old saying, (Music Tames The Savage Beast). I’m no beast, but I love certain music and it does soothe me.

Some of the music I like was published before I was born and most of it was before the majority of you were born. For instance, the Big Bands during WW-2. I also enjoy the music of the fifties and sixties. I enjoy most Christmas music, even the unusual songs about Christmas, such as “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”. I like Country music, both the old and the new. Brad Paisley is one of my favorite artists. I even like disco music, which I believe is not pleasant to many people. I despise Heavy Metal music and much of what I feel passes for music since 2000, even Joyce (A music lover) could not stand those songs. At one time we had a collection of nearly 400 CDs. I loaded all of those we enjoyed on to my Windows laptop and then sold the CDs before we moved into town. I’d copy the entire CD onto the laptop, but Windows, for some unknown reason never displayed or copied them, so I lost a big chunk of our music. I didn’t realize that until the CDs were long gone. I downloaded all of the Rod Stewart CD albums, but somehow I now have just one of them. That annoys me to no end, but there’s nothing I can do about that now. I use the old Windows music player because the newer one sucks wind! Right now I’m listening to the mellow sounds of the big bands. Another album I enjoy is “The Best of Scottish Pipes and Drums.” I often use it to inspire my writing.

2 comments:

  1. Music, live on. Charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am listening to Christmas music this morning. It uplifts me every time I hear it.

      Delete