Friday, September 2, 2022

220902 Memories

Memories are the spice of life. Yesterday is a memory and today will be a memory tomorrow.
I received a reply from my sister Mar about her best decade, the eighties. She had some very good reasons for picking that decade. I read her email and that brought a flood of good memories to me too, memories long forgotten.

We were back in California for most of the decade. Joyce and I both had good jobs. We had two different homes there. We made our highest earnings ever and we hosted a tremendous number of big parties for many friends and family. Joyce could whip up legendary parties back then. The eighties were a close second to the sixties for me and were better than the sixties for Joyce. We were together for all of the eighties, unlike the sixties when the navy kept us apart for long periods of time. We didn’t have any money for entertaining people in the sixties. The late eighties were when we bought the farm and lived there for 27 years, the longest time we lived in one place. I counted once and discovered we have lived in 28 different places during our married life. We were married 58 years so nearly half of our lives were on the farm, yet no one ever called us farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment