Thursday, September 1, 2022

220901 The Best

What was the best decade of your life?
I have had some good decades and some bad ones in my nearly 8 decades on this planet. Choosing the one that was my best has to be the sixties and here is why I enjoyed the sixties. I got my first driver’s license, my first car, met the love of my life, enjoyed the music of that era, got married, saw a lot of the far east, made 2 cruises aboard the Kitty Hawk, moved to San Diego when California was the best place to live anywhere, my baby girl was born, had all kinds of naval training, got to be an instructor at the schools I was trained in, spent a year flying all over the Pacific Ocean as part of an air crew, learned a trade that supported me and my family for the rest of my working days and met lifelong friends. We hosted legendary parties where Joyce’s culinary and hostess skills were a beacon of welcome to our friends. It was a decade of adventure, love and good times, one that few people could ever match.

We have had good and great times and bad times since then. We have met and lost good friends since then, but overall the sixties were the best for me. I don’t think that Joyce would agree with that if she were still alive. She spent a lot of time alone while I was away in the navy. She raised our daughter while I was on my adventures in the navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment