Thursday, June 30, 2022

220630 Objective

Objective vs Subjective
I fear that these days objective thinking has become a lost art. Objective is defined as not letting personal feelings or opinion form judgment. It seems to me that people are all operating subjectively, making their decisions based on their personal feelings and opinions. This is, I believe, why our country is a divided nation. Our president Abraham Lincoln once said, “A nation divided against itself cannot stand.” We are a divided nation. Our nation has been in existence for 245 years. The average for great nations to maintain that status is 250 years. I fear that if we cannot come together soon this nation will change into an autocracy. The January 6th insurrection appears to have been the first attempt at autocracy.

Unless we come together, I fear it will not be the last and this divided nation may fall. I’m an old man and I may not be around when it happens, but my daughter and granddaughter may have to face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment