Saturday, June 11, 2022

220611 Great Loss

I slept well last night and I had another dream about Joyce. I have read that when you dream about a deceased loved one, you are nearing your own death. There is no way to verify that, but if it is true, only God knows it for sure. I believe I am ready whenever He is.

I think my purpose in life was to love and cherish Joyce. I wasn’t always the best at doing that in our early years. I was overseas a lot and was not there to love or cherish her. I made up for that in later years. In Joyce’s last five years, when she needed me more than ever, I took care of her better than ever and loved her with all my heart. It was a labor of love to do for her what she did for me in those early years. I have had a wonderful life, with a wonderful wife. That is all any man can hope for.

Possessions or money do not make for happiness, only love brings joy to one’s life. I find it interesting that joy is the first three letters in the name Joyce. At this point, my love was lost when Joyce passed away. I still have love for my daughter Annie, her husband Rhett, granddaughter Hailey, friends and family, (a list too long to name all of them) but that love is different from that of a man and a woman or any two intimate people.

I end with this brief quote I read every morning:
Grief never ends… It's a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith… It is the price of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment