Thursday, June 9, 2022

220609 Sentinel, Funny and Scary

The last two nights I have had disturbing dreams of being unable to move my legs when I needed to escape from a life threatening situation. The dreams terrified me.

Last night I finally got out of bed and sat in my office for about 15 minutes until I discovered the reason for those dreams.

Two days ago I had decided it was time to wash the blanket I had been using. I looked at all of the blankets I have had since Joyce and I shared our bed together. I picked a light gray blanket because it would be easier to see in the dim of the night when I awake for a bathroom stop. I put it on my twin size bed and noted it was a blanket for a queen size bed. It hung over the bed in every direction and billowed over on the carpet. I was lazy and didn’t bother to exchange it for another.

That was the first night of the dream of not being able to move my legs. I figured that the unusual dream I had was just a fluke and nothing to be concerned about.

Last night, the second in a row of a similar dream when I woke up it dawned on me that the blanket was the problem as even after waking up it was difficult to get my feet out of bed and onto the floor.

After sitting in my office for those 15 minutes I was going to go back to bed with the same blanket when I realized that was not a good idea. I ripped the gray blanket off the bed and grabbed a smaller blanket and then tossed it on my bed. I slept comfortably through the rest of the night.

I’m not always the brightest light bulb in the closet, but I eventually figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment