Thursday, June 2, 2022

220602 Sentinel, Why?

I have been distraught for the last nine months since Joyce passed away.
It has been endless days of grief. I did not want to outlive her, knowing what misery I would have to endure. That has been my tribulation, until yesterday. I sat in my bedroom contemplating why Joyce was taken from me.
The answer why God took her first finally came to me. Joyce would not have been capable of taking care of herself alone. Her lack of vision, hearing and general health would be insurmountable. She could not be alone. Joyce was unable to drive. She was fine in the apartment, but would be lost outside. Her vision was minimal, non-existent in the bright light of daytime. Joyce would have been dependent on someone else for almost everything but cooking. She would have been miserable, being taken care of instead of caring for others. She was not able to use the phone or pay the monthly bills due to her lack of vision. Joyce also had Charles Bonnet Syndrome. That brings on visual distortion and hallucinations, which she had frequently.
I now know why God in His infinite wisdom took Joyce away first, rather than taking me. That saved her from being alone and dependent on the kindness of others. I am forever greateful for the time I had with Joyce. God gave me the most wonderful gift in life, Love!

2 comments:

  1. May HIS peace be with you, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with you! I remember that as how church services ended many years ago.
      Bill

      Delete