Friday, June 3, 2022

220603 Sentinel, September

September can be a beautiful month of the year, but last September came like a red hornet sting to me.
I was listening to Dinah Washington this morning as she sang “September in the Rain.” It’s a beautiful song about love. The song resonated with me this morning and seemed fitting for me. The song lyric mentions that while it’s spring I still remember that September in the rain. It’s still spring until the 21st of this year and I am remembering last September when the metaphorical rain came tumbling down the day I lost Joyce.
It was September 4th 1963, the day I said goodbye to Joyce after enlisting in the navy. It was September when I said goodbye to Joyce when I left for Guam. It was September when I said goodbye to Joyce when I went aboard the Kitty Hawk for my first carrier qualification run. It was September when I said goodbye to Joyce as she passed away.
I can only wonder what the next September will bring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment