Friday, April 1, 2022

220401 Sentinel, Memories of long ago

At times, memories somehow appear when I sit thinking of my past.
This morning these came to mind.

The first picture is one of the oldies of the day. It is a photo taken in 1958. On the right side is me in Glendale, California with my cowboy hat on in the court outside my aunt Mary’s apartment. They were apartments in separate small one bedroom homes. I always thought they were the nicest apartments I have ever seen.


The next picture was grandma Mickey’s high school graduation picture in 1934, 11 years before Joyce was born. She is the one Joyce got her looks from.

The last picture was taken in 1999, the summer before the Y2k event of 2000. It was me, with my pistol on my belt as I was burying some cash in case the banks shut down. That was a concern at the time because the thought was all of the Microsoft computers would possibly crash, shutting down the banks. It sounds silly now, but even techy guys were thinking it could happen. Microsoft Corp. worked feverishly trying to ensure the worst did not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment