Thursday, March 31, 2022

220331 Sentinel, Moving

Sometimes I have a thought that seems like a good thing to do.
This is the living room before I moved everything and this is the way I had to put everything back afterward.

Yesterday I had the grand idea to change the arrangement of all the furniture in the living room and the bedroom. In my mind that sounded wonderful and it would look great. The couch was the most difficult. I don’t know the weight of it, but just lifting one corner is extremely difficult for me. I had to invent a small lever consisting of a stack of books and my pry bar to lift one corner at a time and place a slider under each leg of the couch. I had to remove all of the other furniture to move the couch around. I shuffled the couch where I wanted it and then started putting the rest of the furniture back into the room. Once I did that, nothing fit properly, my dream turned into a nightmare! It was difficult to move about the furniture and it was too cramped together. I was exhausted by that point, but I could not leave things that way for another moment. I had to remove every piece of furniture out of the room again. So that meant moving all but one piece back to where it was except for one item. I sat down with one of those golden lagers that I love to drink and rested while I turned on the TV to watch while I consumed my beer.
While I was watching the big TV set that I bought for Joyce with her limited vision, I thought that TV hasn’t been turned on in six months and I thought I should have that TV in my bedroom so I can enjoy it there. I finished my beer, unplugged it and carried it into the bedroom and set it on top of the six cubes I use for my dresser. The bigger TV was covering part of Joyce’s painting on the wall. I had to take the TV down, empty all the drawers and switch the cubes from vertical to horizontal and then put the TV back on top. Next I had to replace the drawers, putting them back in a different arrangement than before. Now I have to relearn where my socks, T shirts and underwear are in the new arrangement. By that time I was exhausted and I had a wonderful rest last night. Yesterday I moved more furniture in one day than I can remember since I have been here. Once again life is good, even though every muscle in my body is aching from my task yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment