Monday, February 21, 2022

220221 Sentinel, Fashion

Those who know me, know that I am not into fashion at all.
My biggest thing in life is writing and I love doing it.
As for fashion, I am still wearing blue jeans that I bought 10-20 years ago. I have not worn any other trousers but them. I did buy some dress slacks back in 1983, but donated them last year along with dress shirts from that same timeframe. My wardrobe consists of 5 pairs of jeans, 6 flannel shirts, 5 zippered sweatshirts, 8 long sleeve T shirts and 8 short sleeve T shirts and I rarely get around to wearing all of them.

I no longer dress for success. I have no need to anymore. That never worked for me before and I doubt it would do much for me in the future. I haven't bought shoes for 5 years because I rarely wear a pair out. I have more beer in my refrigerator than I have clothes. I do carry $20 in my pocket so I won't be arrested for vagrancy. I drive a 9 year-old car. I’m not trying to impress anyone anymore. To quote the famous Popeye the sailor, “I am what I am and that’s all I am.”

My daughter and granddaughter are big into fashion and they love it! They always look grand in the things they wear. I am proud and happy for them. I don’t know where they get that from because no one else in their lineage was that way.
My daughter, she gets a lot of compliments and asked where they can get clothing like hers these days.

My granddaughter, she too gets noticed wherever she goes.
I am indeed proud of both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment