Thursday, January 13, 2022

220113 Sentinel, The Queen of Hearts

A while ago, I wrote that Joyce didn’t smile as often as I would have liked. Now with the assistance of my northwest bureau chief who did most of the work, I have all of my pictures cataloged and in a form that allows me to find what pictures I have and I have discovered that Joyce did smile far more than I had thought. I also got to see Joyce’s array of different hair colors and styles through the years. My favorite of all times is when she had her hair up in what was called a French roll. That was back in the sixties when we first met. She looked wonderful with that style.

Joyce was always the queen of my heart and always will be. Writing this reminds me of a song I enjoy. The song is titled “From a jack to a king,” sung by Ricky Van Shelton.

The lyrics I enjoy go like this: ” From a jack to a king, from loneliness to a wedding ring, I played an ace and I won a queen, you made me king of your heart.” Those lyrics are more significant to me now than ever. They are a beautiful sentiment that is timeless in the vast reaches of time and love. That love of mine spanned the decades we were together and still lives today, perhaps more so now than when Joyce was still alive. There’s a saying that goes something like this: you never know what you’ve got until you lose it. That seemed impossible to me, just a nice, silly song lyric but now I understand it.

I think about Joyce every day and realize what I lost can never be found again.

The song, "From a jack to a queen" is on YouTube Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment