Wednesday, January 12, 2022

220112 Sentinel, Taking out the Trash

Mundane events in my day often bring out a lot of strange thoughts.
This picture was me in the early days by the garden on the farm, cowboy hat and Justin boots, living the good life.

Today is no different because I had a doozy as I wrote this morning.
I went out to empty a bag of trash today
I heard beer cans ringing all the way
Neighbors passing by heard the sound
They were like me, dancing all around

They recognized the sound and thought they might too
Have themselves some of that delightful refreshing brew.
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
But that doesn’t mean, that they are lazy

Ben Franklin said, “Beer is proof God loves us”
I count that for me, as a great big plus
A few beers every day make me smile
Despite the fact it only lasts for a while

The good thing is, I have something to look forward to everyday
No matter what the day will bring, I still have my own little way
To seek my own relaxing pleasure
Though I’ve lost Joyce, my treasure

Some people say the most important thing is to have your health
Other people say the most important this is to have your wealth
Some say it’s what is in heaven above
I say on Earth it’s simple and it’s love.

This post was composed by me and fueled by Miller Lite and the best songs of the sixties. God, my family and friends are still good to me. May this always remain true, despite how wacky I may yet be.

No comments:

Post a Comment