Wednesday, November 10, 2021

211110 Sentinel, Holidays

It’s that time of year again.

Today is November 10th and by this time Joyce would have the Christmas tree up, lighted and decorated. I am not there yet, but the tree is up and it is lit so all I need is to get the ornaments and garland on the tree. That will happen soon. I am still looking to find what is available. Joyce put everything away but the tree, so I am hunting for the decorations. I’ve had a busy day so far and it makes me feel good to have pleasant things to do and a little touch of early Christmas never hurts. Today I am the happiest I have been since Joyce’s passing away.

I was out walking today and the maple leaves were covering the ground.

One of Joyce's favorites, the burning bush is spectacular this year. It seems that burning bush needs a couple of hard frosts to really pop out those fiery red leaves. She would have enjoyed seeing them this year. Joyce’s favorite colors of the year will soon be fading.
I wish Joyce was here for one last Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving was Joyce’s favorite day of the year. She got to cook to her heart’s content and feed a multitude of people. That was heaven on earth for her. It won’t seem right without her being here physically, but she will be here in spirit with me. I thank God every night for our 58 years together and while that was longer than any marriage that I know of in our families, it just wasn’t long enough for me. This is the last picture taken of Joyce just a few months ago. She was proud of her new outfit as she should have been; she looked great in it.
I mentioned in yesterday's post about Jake Westbrook and his musical compilations for all different seasons and today I have been listening to Jake Westbrook's Christmas tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment