Friday, October 1, 2021

2110 Sentinel, Letter to Joyce #7

Dear Joyce,

Years ago you said that when you die you wanted to leave nothing behind but footprints in the sands of a beach. Those sands would then be washed away with the tide, leaving no trace of you ever being here.

I went to the funeral home to pick up your ashes. Things just won’t work out the way you planned them, at least not for now. Your only footprint left is here in my heart forever and in a box on the shelf next to your mother’s last footprint.

It will bring me comfort to know that just a small part of you is with me and will be as long as I live. We vowed to have and to hold until death do us part. This would indicate that even after death I want to have part of you still with me, but then you know I always go to excess with things I enjoy and the most enjoyable thing I ever experienced was you.

You know my favorite song has been “We’ll Meet Again.” Obviously that will not happen in this lifetime, but then there’s always the next lifetime. We probably won’t know each other, but there would be an attraction of some sort. We might not ever figure out what or why that is and that would be okay just to know each other and always wonder about the connection.

All my love, now and always,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment