Thursday, September 2, 2021

210902 Sentinel, Climate, Hurricane, It happened Again

mobile theme

Climate


I have been harping on this for many years now and now we are facing more and worse weather than anything in our lifetimes. When will things shift back to normal and what is normal these days, I do not know. It is fact that fossil fuels are a major part of the problem, but how companies will move away from them is a debatable subject. Fuel companies do not want to change, even if their efforts destroy the planet and we all die. I see a lot of information that states electrical alternatives will be worse and I don’t have any more proof than those making the videos saying that alternatives will be worse.

Hurricane

I was wondering why everyone in New Orleans and most of the state of Louisiana did not evacuate early on with the hurricane on track to hit the state? Joyce and I were talking when I posed the question to her, her reply was simple. Some were thinking they had survived the previous hurricane and they would make it through this one too, others did not have the transportation or the money on hand to leave. That saddens me to realize some people are too poor to leave for their own safety.

Happened Again

I was out yesterday when a young man saw my Kitty Hawk navy cap and proceeded to say, my grandpa was on the Kitty Hawk but that was back in 1965. Well I was on the Kitty Hawk in 1966 and flew above it many times in 1965. The thing about that and the 4 other times this has happened is, it makes me think and realize how very old I am. The other thing is the entire grandpa sailors were all ship’s company sailors, while I was in the air group. It would be interesting to meet a young man whose grandfather I may have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment