Tuesday, August 31, 2021

2108 Sentinel, Hope, Today

mobile theme

Hope

I have had to stop watching any kind of politics because the whole nasty business gives me great distress. All I get these days is from people I know. Joyce seems to be thinking there is hope for our nation with the younger generation. They are smart and they will at some point take over the country’s governing process. Our own granddaughter now 17 knows more about politics than we did in our late 20’s. Joyce is more political than I ever was and am today. I don’t like liars and deceitful people. Please do not tell me about your brand of politics and how the other side is so woefully wrong, because I am not interested in either side of the aisle and what they may be doing at any given moment. I gave my country 11 years of my life and I feel that is enough.

Today

Today is a really good day to begin the rest of your life. Perhaps you may decide to be happier than you were yesterday and much of your past life. You can do that starting today. You can stop being mean-spirited and filled with rage and hate as of this moment. You and I were born pure of heart and somewhere along the way some of us changed. Children are not born hateful; we learn to be that way. I have wasted a lot of my life being that way. I have started on my way to change and it is not easy. Old habits linger on. I may never reach my goal, but then, most of life is spent on the journey.
My office 19 years ago

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, the rose was a Joseph's coat variety that comes in many colors as Joseph's coat was in the Bible.

    ReplyDelete