Friday, September 3, 2021

210903 Sentinel, Worry, Content, Bridge

mobile theme

Worry and Fear

The two words above seem to go hand in hand. Neither one is good for us when either is an ongoing event. I wonder which comes first. If I worry about something, doesn’t that bring on a fear of that happening? By the same token, if I fear something doesn’t that cause me to worry about it happening?

Content

I find this word interesting. The word has one way to pronounce it, but the word can be an adjective or a noun with entirely different meanings. If I said Sally seems to be content that would mean she was emotionally satisfied at present. If I said Sally was viewing adult content on HBO that would be a movie not deemed suitable for children. It’s no wonder people have a difficult time learning English. I was born and raised here and I am still learning the language.

Bridge

Here’s another word that can be used in different ways. I can cross over a river by using a bridge. The captain of a ship carries out his duties on the bridge of his ship. Here a bridge is an enclosed, elevated compartment of a ship. I could also say a writer’s work bridges the gap between fiction and fact. Still another use of the word is bridges connect nodes in different local area networks for communication between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment