Friday, August 27, 2021

210827 Sentinel, Vehicles

mobile theme

Cars

Yesterday, August 26, 2021, I went to a local gas station to put some fuel into my vehicle. I added 5.3 gallons into my car. That was the first time I added fuel since June 4, 2021. I have one of those safe driving devices on my car. I checked it this morning and found the last 27 trips I made covered 31 miles. I have had this car for 8 years and 5 months, the longest I have ever had a car and yet I only have 36,717 miles on it so far.

Dad

My father never had any car for very long. He would find some old clunker to buy and a week later he was perusing the local car ads for other cars. I cannot be sure, but many times he would buy another in less than 2 years, even less than 1 year. He did buy 2 new cars in his lifetime, a 1953 Dodge and a 1956 Pontiac, but didn’t keep them for long. He loved the buying of cars. He was always ready to go car shopping with any family member that wanted a different vehicle.

New vs Used

I have, in my many years, bought cars in every place I have lived. Some were used, others were not. There is a never-ending debate over which way is better, new or used. Now with leasing programs it is even more complex. When buying a used vehicle, you have to wonder why the previous owner got rid of the car. I’ve had good and bad used cars along with good and bad new cars. It seems like a person takes a big chance no matter what they buy and drive home. I have never leased a car, but some people figure leasing a car is great! They are always driving a new car and they think they will always have a car payment no matter what they drive. I have been tempted to lease, but never followed through on doing it.

Truck

The best rig I ever had was a 1985 plain Nissan pickup truck. I had it 29 years and that truck had some rough service that it survived and thrived through. I hauled hay bales with so much weight the rear leaf springs were flat and even sagging plus I also was pulling a full trailer with hay in it. All that happened in a little ½ ton truck. That truck had over a 144,000 miles on it, with little maintenance when I disposed of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment