Wednesday, July 21, 2021

210721 Sentinel, DMV, Ageing and a Song

mobile theme

DMV

I have been to the DMV in Tennessee multiple times, California many more times and Missouri more than I can count. I was there today again and something happened that has never happened before, anywhere. I walked into the office, expecting a long wait. The woman at the counter asked if I was there for driver’s license or License plates. The office was full of people. I answered that I was there for driver’s license; she glanced away and said, “Go right over there, there is no one there.” That has never happened anywhere. I took the necessary visual test, they took my picture and I was out of the place in perhaps 5 minutes! It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Statistics

Joyce was watching her political shows last night when she saw a man with some statistics on average age of death for black and white men. The average for black men was 58, while white men averaged 75.5 years old. Well guess what sports fans, I am within days of being 76. I have surpassed being average! This is big for me, being just the average guy all my life. It could be I’ll be around for a while longer and get more time with the most beautiful woman God ever created.

Today’s Song that will not go away from my brain.

The winner today is a Rod Stewart cover of an old song, “Till There Was You.” It doesn’t matter if you are at puberty or well into the ageing process, this one is for all who love.

No comments:

Post a Comment