Tuesday, October 6, 2020

The Sentinel, Experience 201006


Perhaps you have never thought about this and I never did until this morning. Joyce and I have had a lot of experiences and I was astounded at how many different things we or I did. These below are just what I came up with this morning.

We have laid tile in homes, we have painted homes (for pay), we ran a TV shop, we have done roofing on homes (our son-in-law helped on the last one). I did navy shore patrol in several different countries, in Tennessee and in San Diego, flew as a radar operator during Vietnam. I made 3 cruises to the coast of Vietnam during that war. I did car repair for a while. Did plumbing, we did window repairs, installed doors, garbage disposals, raised cows, chickens, sheep. Installed gas lines, stoves, repaired washing machines, dish washers, electrical repairs. Had a 1.5 acre garden, at one time had 115 different flowers we planted. I repaired my old 1942 tractor, a few times. We did older adult care for family members. We did our own cross-country moving. I did repairs on navy electronics and taught basic electronics for 3.5 years, repaired CB radios, worked 4 years on mainframe computers and disk drives, worked 20 years on failure analysis, operated an electron microscope for years, we catered 3 weddings. Now, for us all that we have done is pretty much worthless. That's how the world has turned. We don't miss any of it, but it is fun to think about and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment