Monday, August 31, 2020

Your Sentinel, Realization


Yesterday we had no internet. So now it has been 24 hours until it finally returned. Not having internet is when a realization came to me. We live in an apartment that has internet streaming, no cable, so when the internet is not working there is no email, no computer, no banking, no TV. We are dependant on internet, more than I thought. Banks are dependant on internet, just try to cash a check or make a withdrawal when the bank has no internet. It will not happen. During the lack of internet I first assumed it was something wrong with my equipment, so I went into troubleshooting mode, something I have done in all of my working life and I do enjoy. It didn't take too long to verify it was not a problem here. I called the internet provider and got a robot on the line that just said we are closed, leave a message. During my troubleshooting I could see 15 other networks in this building. That got me thinking when the internet is working we are being bombarded by not only our own RF radiation, but from those 15 other networks radiation, radiation from our own microwave oven, harmonics in the RF spectrum from our 60 cycle electric wiring, plus radiation from TV stations. Granted any single one is a low dosage, but like a single raindrop is no big deal, every one of them in a rainstorm adds up to a lot of water or in this case RF radiation.

Here's an interesting realization; we call the internet "The Cloud" and that term was made up when the electrical engineers were first designing the system. They didn't know what to call it and one engineer said, "it travels through the air, so let's call it the cloud." The big realization is that the internet itself in not at all a cloud, nor does it go through the air! The internet base is all underground. All the fiberoptic cables that carry it are buried. It travels around the world on fiberoptic cables on the bottom of the oceans. The only time it's in the air is when it comes out of the ground to your friendly local cell tower and is transmitted to your location. There is no cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment