Saturday, August 29, 2020

Your Sentinel, Movies 200829


I like movies with scenery that is pleasing to the eye and in places I will never see in person. They always look so idyllic, but at the same time I know it is a movie and does not represent conditions on the ground there. Things are never what they seem to be in movies. I enjoy movies and shows in the English countryside, the south of France, the out of town scenery in India.

I enjoy most comedies, unless they are too gross. I like movies that have a happy ending. Never like movies that just stop instead of having an ending, especially ones that leave me hanging as to what might have happened.

I do not care for the oh so popular action movies that are filed with two hours of explosions, car crashes and hunderds of bullets whizzing back and forth. I have watched enough to know I don't care to see anymore of them. Something that bothers me is when guys are shooting six cylinder revolvers that go off 15 times without reloading, or hand held machine guns that handle 30 rounds at best, but get fired more than a hundred times without reloading. Western movies are big on six shooters that fire 15-20 times without reloading. Joyce tells me "relax Bill, it's just a movie" well I don't care, if they are trying to convince me that things are realistic, then they need to be real, not just a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment