Sunday, August 9, 2020

Your Sentinel, Homeless People 200809


      Homelessness numbers have nearly doubled in the last decade. I watched a documentary on homelessness a day ago and found it interesting. There is more to it than I ever dreamed. I had an idea of what was going on, probably like what you are thinking on the subject. What was revealed in many cases is not what we imagined at all.

      True there are some who are just lazy, crazy or drug addled, but what surprised me was how many homeless people around the country have jobs that they work at every day, some work seven days a week. They have a job, but their jobs do not pay enough to afford rent on an apartment or a house they may have owned. They live in their cars and sleep in parking lots. Right this moment there are 6,300 evections every day in the United States of America. In the time it took me to type this sentence there were at least 4.375 people evicted from their homes. Of course the number is higher during the day and lower at night, but it averages out to 4,375 for every minute of the day.

      We claim to be the richest country in the world and maybe we are, so why don't we do more for the working poor to help raise them up? How is someone going to go to schools to do better when they have no home and no money to get more education? I wish I had an answer, but I don't. If I am way off base on this let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment