Saturday, August 8, 2020

Amazon and Microsoft Battle for Supremacy 200808


      


       I have heard that people are concerned about Amazon taking over the internet and the world. The thought that Amazon could wrest control from Microsoft is a task that no other company has been able to accomplish. Microsoft has designed its software to be all inclusive so if a person wants something like a different media player or different web browser the Microsoft software tries to dissuade and prevent you from using what you may want instead of what they want. I had a wonderful program for my picture editing that I used for years, and an HTML web page editor that were both easy to use and worked exteremly well, but when I upgraded to Windows 10 the Microsoft software would now allow them to be loaded on the computer. With the HTML program I had a copy in my personal files so it was there, but Windows 10 would not allow it to run. Think about this, Microsoft has about 75% of the laptop and desk top market in the world, but Google Chrome web browser has about 90% of that market even on Microsoft computers, people use it instead of Microsoft internet explorer or bing or the new edge internet browsers from Microsoft. That is one thing Microsoft can't control or they would.

      Amazon, on the other hand allows independant vendors sell through their web site, nearly 60% of their sales are from independants even though Amazon sells and ships for many of them. Amazon has many more businesses they own, but those are allowed to operate on their own. Amazon businesses I can think of are "Whole Foods", Pill Pack", "Blue Origin", their space flight agency. I have to admire Jeff Bezos for what his company has done in a short time since its origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment