Thursday, June 4, 2020

Your Sentinel News For Today, Santa, Big 4x4, Nature 200604

The Sentinel

All the news that's fit to print and some that's not.

Santa


Did you ever wonder what Santa does during the summer? I don't because I know what he does. He works at Lowes in Springfield and sometimes comes out to visit us. He always brings whiskey and he gets a warm welcome at our home. Santa is a great guy when he is out of uniform and because we are good friends, he gives me a pass on my naughty deeds. I've always said it pays to know good people. Santa is also a computer whiz and helps me get things right on my computer. Unfortunately he was busy when my printer went crazy, so I had to take the issue up with my own hands and you no doubt saw the picture of me with screwdriver and hammer in hand. I tried in vain to get that thing working. My computer showed the printer was on line and working fine, but the printer said no it was not on line. I determined the printer was lying to me and I do not tolerate liars well.


Opinion


I was on the highway today and on my way home a Big 4 wheel drive truck came up behind me. I was doing the legal speed limit when the driver went went around me in a flash. As he passed I noticed his truck had mud tires on it that stuck out nearly 6 inches from the fender wells. After he passed me on the right he cut off another driver as he changed lanes again. It has been my experience that those guys who set up their trucks that way are usually pretty reckless drivers. I have observed that trait for many years now.

Mother
Nature


I am always amazed with nature. For decades now I have noticed that any crack in the pavement can pick up a tiny seed and then grow a plant from it. Once it gets hot and the rain slows down the plants sometimes die. Sometimes a seed from a tree will continue and even grow despite everything going against it.



No comments:

Post a Comment