Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Real Sentinel News 200227

The Sentinel

All the news that's fit to print and some that's not.

UFO vs FFO



UFO

I look out my window every night

Will there be another UFO in sight?

I didn't like what they did to me last night

When they come again, there will be a fight

FFO

The FFO is a local furniture store

At FFO we bought good things and fear no more

FFO is in a big warehouse and doesn't fly

You'll never see an FFO hovering in the sky

The Internet


This reporter remembers the old days when Microsoft computers took 5-10 minutes to fully boot up from slow disk drives. Once up and running then typing in a website address on a dial up phone connection and walking away for a cup of coffee while the page would load.

Fast forward now with a solid state drive the computer is ready to go in a few seconds. My internet speed is 50 to 100 mega bits per second and yet every site I go to research something is loaded with so many advertisements and each one downloading a video, the web site seems to be endlessly slow again, not dial up slow, just annoyingly slow. There are, I understand ad blockers, for a suitable fee.

One would get the idea that there is nothing free on line anymore. Everyone needs to make a dollar.

3 Horrors!


One morning I woke up, looked into the mirror and I was no longer young and I saw my father looking back at me.

A few months ago I looked in the mirror and saw my grandfather looking back at me.

One day I won't wake up and the kids will be holding a mirror up to my nose to detect any possible breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment