Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas to all 191224

      The picture below is our very talented granddaughter in her costume she made for the city's Christmas parade. She was the grand master of the parade.



      My and Joyce's memories of Christmases of the past are for the most part wonderful. I have to subtract the many Christmases I was overseas when we both missed out on the joys of those years. I remember one Christmas with Billy Graham aboard ship. He was wonderful, we prayed together, but it wasn't as good as being home with my family. I was one of those sailors I spoke about in my previous post, "Christmas Thoughts".

      One Christmas I did my re-creation of the song, "We Three Kings"

      I changed some of the lyrics of the song to; "we three kings of Orient are, trying to buy a Japanese car, so we don't have to ride these stinking camels no more." I know that was horrid, but the kids liked it. After all, while we celebrate the birth of Jesus, after that it is all about kids. I think the birth of every child is a miracle.

      I believe Christmas is the happiest time of the year and I hope someday there will be "Peace on Earth goodwill to men." As the song states.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment