Friday, November 22, 2019

Chain of Command 191122

      The picture below is a navy captain, the top of the chain of command at sea, but not one I served under.



      During my time in the U.S. navy I never once spoke to my commanding officer in my squadron or the captain aboard ship. I rarely ever saw my commanding officer except for a picture on the wall or the bulkhead. I never spoke with my executive officer in either. I spoke with my division officer one time when he served as a proctor for a final exam I took for an armed forces correspondence course I completed. My orders came from my shop chief, my immediate superior. I never had any doubt that what my chief told me came directly down the chain of command from commanding to executive, to division, to the chief, to me.

      That was the way the navy worked. Later as a civilian, it worked the same way in every job I had. It always works the same way; orders, directives, policy comes down from the top, through company president, vice president, manager, supervisor.

      I believe it is obvious that in politics that everything comes down in the same way.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment