Saturday, October 19, 2019

Enlightenment Chapter 8

      None of us have a perfect life with all we would like.



      I was transported to a tranquil mountain setting overlooking a placid lake. I think it was from a movie I had seen. It’s the “A” frame cabin made of stone and rough-hewn logs that gives it a century old look. It sits about 50 feet from the water and there’s a dock where the seaplane lands. It was a lot like the cabin in the movie “Bodyguard” except Kevin Costner wasn’t there and there wasn’t any snow. If you didn’t see that movie, it doesn’t matter because the same or similar scene has been in a lot of other movies.

      I needed time to think why the seaplane wasn’t there. Inside, the fireside chairs faced the fireplace and the rug was impeccably clean and white as snow. The fire flickered giving off a warm glow just like we’ve all seen in the movies. Outside temperature was chilly but inside was just delightful! The coffee was brewing and it smelled like 100% Colombian from an east facing slope. The mugs were right by the pot. Chastity always had to hide ours in the cupboard, but I liked them right out where a person needed them.

      I sat by the fire and just thought about my life. The coffee was delicious, best ever. Not being able to pick up a cup, I don’t know how I could taste it but I knew it was delicious. It seemed real. I began to see things in a different way. Of course Chastity didn’t fall in the shower, and Jake was just being Jake, enjoying an afternoon with a bored woman. My competitors at work, disguised as pranksters, were really devious individuals who were happy to use me as their stepping stool to a higher position. My shipmates had cheated me at cards, and way back in the 6th grade, that teacher really did rig the spelling bee so Mary Beth beat me. It was all too much for me.

      My eyes fluttered and went to rest. In a dream state, Nirvana came to me and, let me say she was the best I or anyone else ever had. I’m sorry but even in a story I don’t give out details. Just imagine the best you ever had and then picture that as the cornerstone of a skyscraper. Picture Nirvana as somewhere up on the top ledge of the building. That’s where I was. Nirvana and I rested for what seemed a night. In the morning we sat on the dock in total peace and quiet. I was shocked at how well we communicated in total silence. All people have the ability to do so; we just don’t know how to develop it without a teacher to guide us on our path to enlightenment. The only thing I can equate it to is when you are on a date and it comes to that time when you just look into the other person’s eyes and you just know instinctively that it’s time to lean in and kiss them. No one says a word but both know the time is now and the electricity that tingles through a person is like a candle compared to the 1000-megawatt generator I felt with Nirvana. By late morning I knew I was truly in love for the first time and I knew what I needed to do to turn my life around; when Nirvana came to me and said: “Bill, this gift to you has just about run it’s course. You are going to return to your normal conscious state soon and be back in your life, back where you had your lunch. Everything you have experienced is real. You have been given just a glimpse of enlightenment. Now you must return and put what you know can happen into your life. You need to realize that when you meditate and discover how to bring the enlightenment to bear in your life full time, you are sill on the same plane of existence as before. Nothing changes on this plane, you just see and understand things differently. It’s your job to make the changes to align yourself with the energy flow of the universe. Then you will put your enlightenment to practice.”

      “But Nirvana,” she was gone…

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment