Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Enlightenment Chapter 6 191016

      Thinking Leads to Believing.



             Damn it was cold! Oh no! I’m sliding down the mountainside. I’d never been to Nepal, but this was just like the book I read and I was sliding right off of a sheer mountain cliff. Oh man! Think of warm sunny beaches, sand, sun, and bikinis. Hey it worked! There is a twist here, even though I didn’t have an in the flesh body that I could see, I could still feel all of the sensory feelings as I always had. I felt the icy chill of that mountain and experienced the slipping and terror of sliding off that cliff in my mind and it seemed real. Right now I feel the warmth of the sand just as I remembered it.

      If I imagine something, does that mean that’s what it is or what it becomes? Let me see, USS Kitty Hawk, November 1967, sitting on the round down. Wow…yes, heart-pounding looking down 87 feet at the churning cauldron four screws make as they propel 84,000 tons of steel, aluminum and men through the breakwater leaving San Diego and out to sea. Okay, down the edge, my palms feel wet, chills rolling up my used to be spine, oh my! It’s just like I imagined it would be. No air in my lungs, a shock to my system, heart stopping feeling. The air rushes past me, I can’t see but I know I’m close to impact…

      I wonder if I would have ceased to exist had I let myself just hit the water and explore the impact? I need to be really careful of what I think about. This newfound ability could be dangerous.

      It’s fully dark now, so time is still passing. Oh, there’s a bright light now. It’s coming closer. Night is becoming day again. Wow, there’s a loud horn! I guess this is it, the end of this short ride. This is more like I’ve been expecting. No, it’s turning, the light is turning and going down another road. It’s a fire truck. I thought for a minute Gabriel was coming to take me home or somewhere else. I hope that when the angels come to carry me home, that it’s not just some long ongoing Sunday service that eventually makes me miserable. An eon of sitting in a church is not what I want heaven to be. I’m not really sure what heaven should be, but I think it’s safe to say most people feel it’s supposed to be some sort of a reward. Why else would they want to go there?

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment