Monday, October 21, 2019

Enlightenment Chapter 10 last Chapter 191021

      Things always work out in the end. If things are not right, then it is not the end.



      It’s been a year now since Charity and Jake have been gone. I figured her telling Jake I wanted my money back would send him packing. A week after my experience, I walked into the boss’s office and told him I quit. He seemed determined to tell me all of the reasons I couldn’t do what I just did. “You’ll lose your house. You’ll starve. You won’t be able to find another job in this town.”

      I left my job and six days later I received a letter from the EPA. They wanted to buy my house as part of the federal super fund clean-up program. They would acquire all of the homes in the neighborhood and bulldoze them. My real estate agent called that evening and said she felt really bad about selling me that house in an environmental hazard area and she would buy it back from me for what I paid, minus her commission, and hoped that would square things with me. I took the EPA offer and walked away. After paying my note, I still had $65000.

      The boss was right. I didn’t find another job in that town. I left. After visiting with family for a few days, I left, following the sun. I had driven a day and a half when I stopped for lunch in a small town near Denver. I liked the feel of the place and needing to stretch my legs, I took a walk down through the business district. I stopped in front of a small bookshop and looked in to see an inviting little store. I stepped in and the bell on the door chimed. I heard a pleasant voice call out “be with you in a moment.” I picked up a book and leafed through it. In a few seconds a voice from behind asked, “Can I help you find something?”

      I turned and before me was the same lovely woman who came to me in my altered state. I’d swear she had a golden aura surrounding her. I asked: “what are you doing out here?”

      “Waiting for you to show-up. I took my $125000 and put some of it down on this store and the rest in the bank, and then just waited for you to show up.”

      “But I didn’t even know where I was headed.”

      “You’ve taken a few small steps Bill. Are you ready for the rest of the journey into true enlightenment?”

      “Does that include you?”

      “I think that’s part of the plan.” She winked and asked: “do you want to start today?”

      ‘I’m yours Nirvana.”

      “You always were. You just didn’t know it.”

The end.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment