Wednesday, October 30, 2019

American's Investment in Wars 191030

      What happened to patriotism?



      In world War Two there were 32 million people in the USA. 16 million were in uniform at some capacity. The rest of the country did their part with recycling tires and metals and saving fats from meals for ammunition. The majority of working people worked in the defense industry. Every one had a stake in the war. 50% of Americans were in uniform and 50% did their part on the home front. The country was 100% invested.

      In the Korean War, 1,789,000 servicemen were in theater, that was perhaps 1%, but the Vietnam war had just .3% of the country were invested in the war, a very sad thing to me. I am proud that I and many of my friends did our part in theater. In World War Two, my dad, my uncle, Joyce's dad and her uncle did their part in theater. In today's war on terror those invested are perhaps an even smaller percent, at the moment I heard .05%. The actual numbers may perhaps never be known because this war will never end. Statistics by the Veterans administration.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment