Friday, July 19, 2019

The wonderful women in my life 190719

      Thinking back on my life there's always one thing that immediately comes to mind, the wonderful women in my lifetime. Some of the pictures here are from bygone days and may not be the most glamorous photos I have. They are more to show character of these women. The first picture is Joyce and my mother relaxing after a rough day back in 1992. My mother always gave me moral support and encouragement. She gave me confidence that I could do anything.



      This one is Joyce's mother way back in 1942 or 43. She was a remarkable woman who was always ready and willing to help anyone. She was a strong leader. She led the charge to form a union at a box factory in her home town. She risked her job during the depression, stood up to the company president and won. She would stand her ground in all cases. Had the times been different, she could have been a congresswoman or even more. She taught me many a lesson that I live by today.

























      This is my daughter Annie. She is a caring woman and a strong woman when necessary. When Joyce was in the hospital and teetering at death's door, my Annie was by my side with support and comfort the whole time and she was there for me during my two hospital/surgery events. I can always depend on her.



      This is my favorite artist, my granddaughter Hailey. Not only is she a talented artist, she has been a performer since she was a mere child. Now she is a sweet, kind, intelligent teenager with a personality and a future to be proud of. She is on a path to carry on the tradition of her great grandmothers, her grandmother Joyce, and her mother Annie.



      This next picture is a newcomer to the family, Kristy. She too is intelligent, educated, kind, caring, helpful and fun to be with. She and Joyce are so much alike it is amazing to me.



      The last picture is Joyce just 3 weeks after surviving her hospital ordeal. The best woman I ever met and she is still with me 55 years later. She's been with me through thick and thin, without complaining. I was not always worthy of her love, but she never let me down. She always stood by me and I can never thank her enough for that. She never gave me a difficult time when I was dragging her through one of my misadventures that never panned out the way I planned it. I suppose I am one of the luckiest men on earth to have her.

      
      
Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment