Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Goodnight my love 190717

      I always liked this song by Jessie Belvin and started singing it to Joyce when she was in the hospital from October 19 of 2017 to January 2 of 2018. She was not even able to hear it she was so sick and sleeping most of the time. Now a year and seven months later I still sing the first three lines to her as she falls asleep. I wrote the lyrics below the picture.



      Goodnight my love,
      pleasant dreams and sleep tight my love
      may tomorrow be sunny and bright and bring you closer to me
      before you go, there's just one thing I'd like to know
      if your love is still warm for me, or has it grown cold?
      if you should awake in the still of the night, please have no fear
      for I will be there, darling you know I care
      please give your love to me, only
      Goodnight my love
      pleasant dreams and sleep tight my love
      may tomorrow be sunny and bright and bring you closer to me
      
      
Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment