Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Things mom said 190417

      Mom never mislead me intentionally.



      I love and miss her dearly. Mom always said, "cheaters never win and winners never cheat." She may have had that wrong, she just wanted me to be a good person. She also said, "liars never get ahead in this world." Sorry mom that one was not exactly true, but again she wanted me to be good and she believed that. She always told me that I was really smart. I did believe that until I got out into the world and soon discovered there were a lot smarter frogs in the big pond than the small pond I was raised in during my younger years.
      In mom's defense, I suppose moms always encourage their children no matter what reality may be. When speaking to me about friends, she always said, "birds of a feather flock together." You got that one right mom!
      
      
      
      
      
      
Copyright Bill Weber 2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment