Monday, April 8, 2019

Daydreams About Old Pickup Trucks 1904


      I have this persistent daydream about getting an old Ford or Chevy pickup and cruising out old route 66 all the way to California in it.


      If you have ever read my story about the "Final Voyage" you might have an idea of what I am talking about.
      I expressed that thought to Joyce for the first time this afternoon and she says she is up for it as long as we don't camp in the truck. I am not sure I have it in me at this point, but I am thinking about it at the moment. I can't think about anything better in my life at this time. I can just picture it in my mind. We would just drive a couple hundred miles a day and stop at a nice motel for the night.
      Maybe I am just being silly; I do do not know if I could do it, but I still love to think about it nearly every day. I guess I am just thinking like an old man here. The old sense of adventure has waned over the years. In the old days I might have just taken off as soon as I could find the right truck. So the question is, should I go for it or not? I haven't been on the road in a long time and no doubt things have changed. Maybe I will give it a shot sooner than later; only time will tell.
      
Copyright Bill Weber 2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment