Saturday, November 24, 2018

An Alternative Reality Chapter 4 181124




       What little energy I had left seemed to get an additional burst of adrenaline, enough to propel me through the exit before I collapsed onto the ground, breathless. Whatever had been chasing me must have halted at the portal. Maybe the creature was smart enough to know not to crossover or maybe seeing the bright light of day hurt its eyes and it did not want to continue out being blinded by the sunshine.
      I rested for a half-hour and then walked back to my new home. The experience just astounded me that there were multiple portals to different dimensions and even portals to different times, yet they all existed at the same moment that we call our space-time continuum. We know a lot about science these days and some know enough that they realize there is far more than we even comprehend today.
      I took a few days to get back to what I now call my usual routine in whatever plane of existence I am living in at the moment. I was about to go for a walk when a huge fast-moving storm came up and ripped through my neighborhood.
      A few days later I was taking my walk and I saw several roofing companies outside working on replacing shingles on roofs. As I walked across the street from the family home with the restraining order against me I noticed the roofers were up there putting on some new shingles and their ladder was close by the platform that only I can see and the same one that got me here where I am today. In a heartbeat I decided to make a run for the ladder and scramble up to where I could leap from the ladder to the platform and hopefully get back to Joyce.
      I managed to hit the platform and went back through the window opening before it started to descend. I climbed back up through the hole in the floor above and then walked back to the room where Joyce was the last time I saw her. She turned to look at me and asked what I had been doing in that storage room for the last 15 minutes? I looked at her in wonder; I had been gone for weeks and yet it was only 15 minutes in her time. I sat down to tell her my entire story…….
      
      

      Copyright Bill Weber 2018 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment