Friday, October 19, 2018

Christmas Music



      We are listening to Christmas music today. We have a large collection of Christmas music. I ripped the 110 CD's on to my computer and then sold the CD's. Our collection goes from Tejano to New Orleans to Rap to Garth Brooks to country to cowboy to WW-2 songs with more artists than any other.
      I am thinking today about how lucky I am to have a woman like Joyce living with me for 54 and 3/4 years now. Life is a good thing. I am already wondering about how my next life will be. Of course I have no idea of what it will be, but I am wondering about it. I muse over how it could be better and feel concern about it possibly being worse than this one I have enjoyed so much. Whatever it is, I really have no choice.
      Last Christmas was a mixed bag. Joyce was in the hospital, but we did get to have Christmas dinner together. The kids invited me over for Christmas supper, but I was in a somber mood and declined. I just sat and looked at the Christmas tree that I put up on the eve before; I knew she would be coming home but I was wondering what life would be for us when she did get home? That has turned out well so far. She is here and I am so happy she is alive and has recovered well. Her accomplishments have been beyond my expectations, her recovery is not 100% but is about 80% and that is the target the doctors hoped for. Her complete vision will never recover but we hope that with hearing aids her hearing will be better than it is. Time will tell, and we are looking forward to this Christmas. She has retaken her kitchen back; I can only assume she was tired of my cooking and had to do something about that.
       Today is effectively Joyce's first birthday because she died one year ago today at 4:30 PM before she was brought back to life in the emergency room. I am so happy she is here with me today. Life is but a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment