Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Confirmation Hearings 180904



      I was watching the confirmation hearing for Judge Cavanagh this morning. I have seen these before, but this morning I noticed something that struck me as odd. The person to be conferred is referred to as Hon, meaning honorable, when the reason for the hearing is to determine if the person to be confirmed is in fact an honorable person. The senators are referred to as Ms. or Mr. rather than honorable. This seemed to be backwards to me and then again, maybe are there some senators do not deserve the title honorable?
      Senator Grassley is the chairman of the hearing and this old man is nothing more than a conduit for a young man sitting directly behind him and handing him papers that he reads as his answers. He has little if any idea of what he is doing in this hearing.
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment