Saturday, August 25, 2018

John McCain American Hero

































      Below is John McCain on a navy flight deck. Look at his jaw and then look at the picture above and see how deformed it was after the constant beatings he got in the prison camp in Hanoi. McCain and 6 others were held in a prison camp in Hanoi longer than any WW-2 prisoner I know of.

      We have lost 3 great people in a short time, Anthony Bourdain, Aretha Franklin and John McCain. It is to me like there is a vacuum in our universe and while we need to fill that vacuum, I do not see those replacements coming down the pike.
      John McCain left this world at 1630 hours on August 25, 2018. He was an American hero of the highest regard. I did not always agree with his politics, but his service to this country is beyond reproach. I believe he would have made a great president. He was one of a long line of courageous navy pilots who flew through dangerous skies in support of this country. I have written 2 posts about him before and will list them below. I can only imagine how much better things would have been had he won the republican nomination instead of W. Bush. I believe 9/11 would have been foiled and think of what a better world it would be now. McCain would have heeded the warnings prior to 9/11.
      Senator John S. McCain
      You can't believe everything you read on the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment